The Psychology Department provides assessment and intervention for all enrolled children, as well as outpatients. The department uses a battery of tests to determine the level of the child’s skills and assess his/her needs in order to decide on the necessary intervention measures. The department provides assistance namely to four groups, and these are:
- (1) the ‘Wait List Group’; whereby the children undergo individual intervention sessions without being fully enrolled at the Help Center. These children are fully admitted to the Center upon successful completion of their individual programs.
- (2) the ‘Referral Group’ involves the high priority cases, who require consistent intervention and monitoring.
- (3) The ‘Center Based Group’ are the children who receive initial intervention along with an action plan carried out by the teacher and observed regularly by the Psychology department.
- (4) and finally, the ‘Out Patient Group’ consists of one time consultations, with or without assessment, for anyone not enrolled at the Help Center.
- The Department Also Consults With Teachers And Parents To Provide Strategies For The Overall Improvement And Effectiveness Of Psychological Intervention And The Progress Of Any Given Child.